The Port-of-Call Marina lies five kilometres (three miles) past Pinhey
Point, and it is a familiar sight for people who regularly cruise up the Ottawa River.
This marina had been in the Baskin family until late 1990's, when it was sold and its name was changed to the "Clearview Marina". However, ownership of the
marina has since reverted back to the Baskins, and it is once again known as the Port-of-Call Marina.
The Port-of-Call Marina.|
It is interesting to note that Port-of-Call had a well established sailing community 15 to 20 years ago. At that time, people had even started a club and rented a residential structure next door to the marina for use as a clubhouse. (A porthole with stained-glass artwork from this club now hangs above the fireplace at NSC.) Today, the marina caters mainly to powerboats, although there's always a few moorings with sailboats. The large blue shed in the background is used primarily for storing boats in winter.
The Port-of-Call Marina is the last facility of its kind when heading up river.
It is a full service marina where it is possible to fuel up on gasoline (but not
diesel) or have a mechanic look after any engine trouble. Their phone number is 613-832-1414.
Text and photo by Michael McGoldrick.
[ Copyright & Disclaimer ]
[ Return to Home Page ]
[ Sailquest.com ]